00:00 – Intro and Welcome
01:25 – Education in the News
- Principal Health and Well-being Survey Reuslts
- (U.S.) Florida state education commissioner resigns amid controversy.
- Australian Federal Coalition change position on School Funding.
- Victorian State Government sign up for Better Schools Funding Deal
- Queensland Government announce willingness to sign up for Better Schools
- Western Australian government releases state budget
04:50 – Overview of Labor Party Education Election Platform.
06:38 – Overview of Coalition Education Election Platform
08:50 – Interview with AEU President Angelo Gavrielatos
15:02 – Comparison of Coalition funding offer to ‘Better Schools’
17:48 – Details of Federal Govt. agreement with Victorian Govt. on school funding.
20:00 – Discussion of Qld. Govt. offer to sign ‘Better Schools’ deal
21:30 – Western Australia: Education and the budget
23:15 – Outline of the Australian Greens Education Election Platform
25:25 – TAFE funding in the election
29:15 – School Chaplaincy Program & School Exemption from Anti-Discrimination Laws
31:20 – Summary of major party platforms
32:20 – Panel Discussion about Education in the Election
38:12 – ABC Vote Compass
42:35 – Outline of topic for Ep 4
43:30 – Sign off & Quote
- Bob Brown (former leader of Australian Greens) “Australia must prioritise education spending. It is not a question of whether or not we have the money. It is a question of how we choose to spend it.”